I’m a researcher in theoretical computer science, interested in logic and semantics of programming languages. Since January 2019, I am a researcher at Inria Rennes-Bretagne-Atlantique (CR), in the team Celtique. Before that, from August 2017, I was a research associate (postdoc) with Nobuko Yoshida in the Mobility Reading Group. And, before that, I was a PhD student under the supervision of Olivier Laurent and Pierre Clairambault on the topic “Concurrent structures in game semantics.”
Contact: simon (at) phis (dot) me
- Causality: A library to implement causal semantics of programming languages in OCaml. Documentation of the library
- Causality.MiniML: A causal model of a shared-memory concurrency extension of MiniOCaml.
- SigLA: An interactive database of Linear A inscriptions. With Ester Salgarella. Software behind SigLA is Sigil.
- Probabilistic programming inference via intensional semantics (With Hugo Paquet). (ESOP’19).
- Causality in Linear Logic (With Nobuko Yoshida). (FOSSACS’19).
- Two sides of the same coin: Session Types and Game semantics (With Nobuko Yoshida). (POPL’19) The implementation is available here.
- The concurrent game semantics of Probabilistic PCF (With Pierre Clairambault, Hugo Paquet, Glynn Winskel) (LICS’18)
- Non-angelic Concurrent Game Semantics (With Pierre Clairambault, Jonathan Hayman and Glynn Winskel). (FOSSACS’18).
- Observably Deterministic Concurrent Strategies and Intensional Full Abstraction for Parallel-Or (With Pierre Clairambault and Glyinn Winskel). (FSCD’17).
- Causality vs interleavings in concurrent games semantics (With Pierre Clairambault). (CONCUR’16).
- Undecidability of Equality in the Free Locally Cartesian Closed Category. With Pierre Clairambault and Peter Dybjer. (TLCA 2015)
- The parallel intensionally fully abstract games model of PCF. With Pierre Clairambault and Glynn Winskel. (LICS 2015)
- Symmetry in concurrent games. With Pierre Clairambault and Glynn Winskel. (LICS-CSL 2014)
- Strategies as concurrent processes. With Jonathan Hayman, Marc Lasson and Glynn Winskel (MPFS 2014)
- Thin Games with Symmetry and Concurrent Hyland-Ong Games (With Pierre Clairambault and Glynn Winskel). Accepted for publication in LMCS.
- Undecidability of equality in the free locally cartesian closed category (extended version) (With Pierre Clairambault and Peter Dybjer). Accepted for publication in a special issue of LMCS of TLCA’15.
- Games and strategies as event structures (With Pierre Clairambault, Sylvain Rideau, and Glynn Winskel). Accepted for publication in LMCS.
- Concurrent Hyland-Ong games (With Pierre Clairambault and Glynn Winskel). Accepted at LMCS.
- Reconciling Nondeterminism and Causality: Event Structures for Weak Memory
- Non-angelic Concurrent Game Semantics (FOSSACS’18).
- Game Semantics and Session Types; Synchrony and Asynchrony. (GaLoP 2018)
- From event structure theory to weak memory models. (Talk at the PPLV seminar)
- From event structure theory to weak memory models. (Talk at the QMUL seminar)
- Towards a compositional and causal semantics of programming languages. (Talk at the LSV seminar)
- The parallel intensionally fully abstract games model of PCF. (Invited talk at CHoCoLa)
- On weak memory models using event structures:
- Comment un ordinateur cuisine-t-il (Exposé au labo junior « Appliquer »)
- Undecidability of Equality in the Free Locally Cartesian Closed Category (TLCA 2015)
- A game semantics of fork (GaLoP 2015)
- Tutorial on concurrent games (LIP)
- La stratégie de la fourchette (JFLA 2015)
- Concurrent games with symmetry (CSL-LICS 2014)
- Summer 2011 (at the LIP, Lyon with Daniel Hirschkoff): I worked on higher order π-calculus. Material in french:
- Spring 2012 (at the Computer Laboratory, Cambridge with Pierre Clairambault and Glynn Winskel) : I worked on concurrent games.
- Summer 2012 (at the Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, with Peter Dybjer and Thierry Coquand): I worked on type theory and categories with families:
- Summer 2013 (at the LIP, Lyon with Olivier Laurent): I worked on intentional and untyped models of the λμ-calculus:
- 2014: a year-long internship (at the Computer Laboratory, Cambridge with Marcelo Fiore and Glynn Winskel)
Here are documents about my teaching, sorted by years: